Trenching vs Blasting
For many years the primary way to excavate for a pipeline through hard rock was by blasting.
More recently, trenching has become the favoured method in many situations as it offers several clear advantages:
To see an industry brochure comparing trenching and blasting - CLICK HERE
- A much smaller and neater path is cut through the terrain.
- Less overall ground disturbance
- The excavated material can often be used for backfill
- More efficiency and speed in many situations
- Increased safety when working close to infrastructure and urban areas (less risk of liability)
To see a Material Volume comparison between Trenching and Excavating - CLICK HERE
For information on using trenching in your own specific situation please feel free to contact us with the information below:
Lakeside Heavy Equipment Ltd. - Wetaskiwin, Alberta
Phone: (780) 352-4687
Cell: (780) 387-6495
Fax: (780) 352-4681